Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It feels good to look good

About a year ago I started to care a little more for my apparience. Why? I don't really know, I guess I started to have fun "going shoping" and stuff like that.

It all started about two summers ago when by chance I found at the Fallas Paredes (my old favorite store in Downtown) a pair of jeans that kind of look good. They were a little thigh around my butt, and they were a little baggy in the botton part of the legs, like cowboy jeans (of course, bad quality since I paid about $4 each).

At work they would make fun of me because they said I was wearing girl jeans because mine weren't like 4 sizes bigger and baggy to the point where you couldn't see my butt.

And one day we were doing a job over to an appartment building where the manager is gay. It was the first time I was there, and I can remember clearly what happened.

We showed up and I was wearing the cheap cowboy jeans and a white v neck shirt that was thigh to my body. The guy looked at me and smiled. I knew he liked what he had seen. Too bad for him I'm not gay. But it is always good to know someone thinks you look good.

Eventually the jeans wore off and had to get new ones, but by then I wanted something a little easier to find since apparently that find at the Fallas Paredes had been a "once-in-a-lifetime" thing. So I searched for jeans that would look something like that but were easier to find.

One day at the mall I found these Levi's Jeans 527 in special. I tried one on, and without thinking I got 3. All of different color, however, all of them were dark denim(sp?) since I think dark looks more sophisticated than lighter denim.

Some months went by, and I was at the clinic getting a HIV test wearing my beloved 527 jeans. The guy who took the test was gay and very well dressed (unlike the manager at the appartment building). I made a few jokes and managed to get a laugh out of him. And he then commented he loved my jeans, and I answered "Me too, they make my ass look great". He laughed again.

I was happy he had complemented my jeans because it actually means they look really good because he was very well dressed. He asked me where I've gotten them. I gave him the website where he could buy them for less and he thanked me.

By this time I had gotten the habit of shoping for specials in "fancy" stores (they might not be that fancy, but for a guy who had bough his clothing at the Fallas Paredes for most of his life, it was a big change) I started to visit stores like Aeropostale (sp?), Heritage, Forever 21, and Hollister. Of course, I would look for specials, I'm not going to pay $40 for a stupid shirt. Although some times I would buy something "expensive" if I really liked it, like this cool jacket.

So one day I finally took the offer my friend G had made some months before. I finally agreed to let him cut my hair. He works in a fancy salon in Beverly Hills, and I had not taken his invitation because I though he was going to make me get gayly hair cuts. When he was cutting my hair (all using the scissors, not the machine thing like they do in most $8 hair cut places) he mentioned I would look good in something called at fauxhack(sp?). So I went for it.

He then gave this new hair products I had never heard of. The first one was "Mess Up Osis+" by Schwarzkopf. That made my hair look dry, but I liked it because it was easy to use.

Some months went by again, by this time I was one of his "regulars", of course, he cuts my hair for free, I'm not going to pay $45 dollars for a haircut. And about 2 or 3 weeks ago he gave me this new hair product "G-Force Osis+", also by Schwarzkopf along with a "Bumble and bumble" tonic lotion. He said it would make my hair look better. At first when he put it on after cutting my hair I didnt like it, but he told me to just "give it a try" for a week.

The next day I was at the gym, and I had finished my work out and I had gotten dressed in the lockerroom. I was about to leave when I remember to spray the lotion, because he told me you have to use the gel only once every morning, and put the lotion every 6 or so hours to "reactivate" the gel. After quickly spraying the lotion into my hair, a guy who I hadn't noticed asked me what it was. I told him it was a hair lotion, he asked me if he could see it. I gave the bottle to him, and looked at it. By the way, the guy looked gay too.

He gave the bottle back and said my hair looked nice. And proceded to give me "that look" of "I like what I'm seeing", but I dont know if he was thinking of my hair or me. It doesn't really matter because it boosted my ego ever so high. As of today, I love my hair lotion and gel more than anything. Long gone are the days of where all my hair needs were met by a $5 La Bella hair gel, with the number 10 on it (extra super hold)

Just yesterday afternoon, when I was waiting for my friend to pick me up to get the scooter from the mechanic outside my building, a lady from apartment 38 came in, and told me she liked my shoes. I was wearing a pair of Ed Hardy tennis shoes. I have access to them, but I don't really like to use them because most of the ones I have have very bright graphics and look gay even when the guy who gives them to me says they are for men.

I just used them yesterday because it was really hot, and I didn't want to put my boots on. So, that's something also worth mentioning.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and if after reading all this, you think I'm a shallow douchebag, then fuck you, this is my blog and I can write the shit I want.

I'm not that shallow, it is just that now I like to wear a little more "fancy" stuff. I'm still your regular guy who gets his tacos at the "lonchera"

No comments: