Sunday, November 8, 2009

Taco Adventures

Me and my partner had ordered a “burrito de asada” each. I was at the table already because I had washed my hands in the restroom first. I was waiting for her to appear. I noticed her when we drove in front of the place. She is new. I needed to know “her story”

She was cleaning the tables. She gets right in front of me, but even when I looked at her face trying to meet her eyes, she didn’t look at me; as if I wasn’t there. She leaves.

My partner comes out and sits. We started talking about work stuff.

One of the waitresses comes to the table with our orders. “Hola muchachos, como estan?”

We talked and she made sure the orders were right. “So, what’s up with the new girl?” I asked.

She smiles and says. “Esa esta mas cerca de ser la patrona que nadie mas” “Es la nuera del mero-mero”

Which in English means: “She is the one closest to being the boss than anyone else. She is the owner’s daughter in law”

After that I knew I would be better off leaving her alone. Decided to enjoy my burrito. I always get an extra serving of salsa roja. I got up and went to get it. I was about to get to the salad bar and I see her, she is looking at me, but I don’t look at her. Got my salsa roja and went back to my table.

We were eating when she starts to sweep the floor near us. Our eyes met and I quickly said “Hi. How are you?”

She looks at me and smiles. Says “I’m fine”. All of it in Spanish. I was going to start my “routine” on her right there, but something stopped me. Probably the rumor of knowing she is taken. She left without saying anything to me.

We ate and talked for a while. Got up and went to pay. My partner was talking to the cashier. Suddenly she comes out with an order in her hands; asks me if it is for me. I looked into her light brown eyes. I felt chemistry between us...as if I could just walk up to her and start talking as if we were long time friends.

“No, maybe is for him” pointed at a guy in a table all by himself. She went up to him and it wasn’t his order either.

She doesn’t look older than 20. Rumor has it, the son of the owner’s place paid about $5000, yes 5 fucking dollars, to bring her from Mexico; and that she came from Mexico already pregnant.

She doesn’t look pregnant. Rumors are rumors after all. She is about 5’ 3” and about 120 lbs. Really pretty, and as I’ve mentioned, with big light brown eyes. Fair skin and brown hair.

I don’t know if the rumors are true or not. I don’t know when we will back to that place, but one thing I’m sure of, and that is I’m going to learn from her lips if the rumors are true.

By the way…this is the same taco place where the owner’s younger daughter kind of “hit on me” some months ago.

No comments: