Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sunset Junction & Sandra

Today I went to "el pollo loco" in the Sunset Junction with my family, and for some strange reason I remember Sandra and the little "thing" we had a little more than a year ago.

I remember the time her boyfriend almost caugh me with her and how I had to "scape" from her house. Two days later I would find out that the car that was pulling into the driway as I was leaving was that of her "boyfriend". I'm just glad it is a big ass driveway.

The next time I saw her, she told me the earings she was wearing were a gift from him. They were small and in the shape of eyes. "He told me that with these, he will be able to see everything I do", she said with a smirk in her round face. Apparently the guy didn't eat up completely the excuses for her long absences after dropping her in her house after their date on the weekends. He had her in the morning-afternoon. I had her at night ;-)

Then I told her she needed to take them off or else he will know what was really going on between us, and she would lose "Mr. NiceGuy". She just smiled.
Even when we only saw each other for about 3 months since that day I met her in the laundromat, I had lots of fun with her. We would walk holding hands down Hollywood & Vine all the way to Hollywood & Highland and back to where I had parked the motorcycle. Anyone that saw us would have said we were "just a regular couple". Sometimes I would just put my arm around her because "it was cool and I didn't want her to get a cold", and she would smile when hearing my excuse, but would not complain about me holding her.
I always think of her when I pass the places where we were together, like that little park in the corner of Franklin & Sycamore in the heart of Hollywood, where we made up and stayed until 12:00am, when the sprinklers started to pour water and she just took off like a cat that runs from water. I had to picked the two helmets up and run after her. It was fun to be soaking wet and be with her, laughing at our own stupidities. Last time I passed by that park, there were 3 "winos" having lunch in the same bench where we sat and where I rested my head in her lap.


Even though (sp?) she is younger than me, I learned lots from her. At the time she was either 18 or 19, I forgot, but I was 23. Now I'm turning 25 in a couple of months, and I wonder if she thinks of me when she sees guys in motorcycles. Once she told me she saw a guy in bike like mine, and she waved at him thinking it was me.

Now I remember why I though of her when I was at the Sunset Junction, because once I took her to the "Casbah" cafe in the corner of Sunset & Hyperion!! We ordered two hot chocolates that night because it was cool outside and neither of us drinks coffee.

I wonder if she ever went back to Sonora, Mexico. She said she would go back before her visa expired. I wonder if her boyfriend cried when she said she was leaving. Once she confessed me she was with him because she was trying to forget "the love of her life" back in Sonora. That kind of confused me because if she was with this guy because she was trying to forget that other dude, then why was she with me? I didn't let that confussion show up in my face, but it did leave me speechless for a minute. I think that "speechless moment" gave away the fact that I was confused after all.

I think she was with me because I made her laugh from day 1, and one thing led(sp?) to another. You know about that kind of chemistry there is between two people when their eyes meet and one of them smiles and the other smiles back, that was the kind of thing we had. (but there were a lot more body parts involved in this thing we had ;-) )

About a month after we had "broken up", I found her in the bus. I was sitting in the back and the bus was heading south on Vermont. When we got to the Vermont & Santa Monica stop I saw her get in the bus, and even when she was looking at my direction, she didn't recognized me. So I got up and went to up to her.

She was wearing make up, something she had never done since I had known her. I asked her where she was going. She answered she was going to her house and then asked me why I was riding the bus and not my bike.

"To see who I will find in my way", I responded. She smiled. I proceded to ask where she was going looking so hot.

She said she had gotten a new job as a waitress in some fancy ass club somewhere. And I asked her how she got the job. Apparently her boyfriend's mom worked there, and there had been an opening.

We got to our stop and we both got down from the bus. I was about to ask her something else, but it started to rain...and she said "ok, I'll see you later" and started to run to her house. I just said bye and kept walking at a regular pace. And from far I noticed she does look kind like a cat that runs away from water. I wonder if she takes showers daily. I think she does because she smells like soap, and just a bit of perfume. May be she is just afraid from rain.

Anyways, who cares? She is gone from my life and she is nothing more than an interesting event in my life (and I still have lots more to say about the stuff that happened between us during that 3 month period of time) .

This thing somehow got to be a really long ass post. Maybe this is why bloggs exist, to tell the world the stuff we have to say.

No comments: