Saturday, January 17, 2009

One Ride To Forget.

Wednesday night I got home thinking I would spend the night like I usually do Wednesday nights...hanging out in a loca cafe.

But when I got home I noticed that my brother has come to "visit". After saying hi I asked him if he could help me take out an old piece of funiture that had been right outside our apartment door. He agree and we took it out. It was easy because it was really light.

After that he asked me if I could give him a ride to the next Metro station, the one in Beverly & Vermont. I said "ok" but told him that I needed to take a shower first.

So he ate something while I was showering.

I finally got ready, and told him to get everything together because we were leaving. So we got onto the bike and when we passed the metro station he told me thank you...thinking I was about to stop.

I wasn't gonna let my brother ride the metro at night. I decided to just take him home.

He lives in an uglly ass place near the interction of the 110 & 10 fwys. So we got there without a problem.
After saying "bye" he told me how to get back home (yes, the streets are very confusing in that area too...ideal to get lost)

I left thinking it would be minutes before I got home.
Everething was going well. I turned left when I got to "Hoover" and went stright up. Just after I passed "Venice" I saw an SUV flying by me.

Normally I don't do things like this, but hey, I wasn't gonna let an SUV just do that and do nothing. So I accerated (sp?) trying to catch it.

After a few momments I noticed something was happening to the bike...like it lost power.
So I had to make an "emergency landing" to my right at Hoover & Alvarado Terrace. just after I turned right the motor died, but I managed to find a "safe" parking spot.

I was there cursing in Spanish at the bike "Hija de tu puta madre...chingas a toda tu madre...vete a la chingada pinche moto mierda" I think the helmet's visor fogged up because I didnt lift it.

After 3 attempts of starting the bike, it finally gave in and the motor came back to life...but it sounded weird...like it was burning gas faster than it normally does even when it was on the "neutral" position.

I went for it. I couln't get back to Hoover because of the way the streets meet in the. So I had to get on Alvarado instead. As I was getting closer to the Alvarado & Pico intersection, I was thinking the worse had passed.

I was about to turned left on Pico when all of a sudden the bike died again in the middle of traffic. I tried to started 5 times and all of them failed. I had to wait until all traffic was gone so I could "pull" myself to the safety of a parking lot on Pico, where the "Grand Burrito" is.

Something told me to check the gas tank and I noticed it was almost empty. Since the bike doesnt have a "full meter" I didn't know the thing was empty, well, I kind of knew, but I'm still learning just when to put gas on it.

I waited about 5 minutes there and called a friend and asked him to bring me some gas...and he reply he didn't have the little thing where you carry gas on. So I'm stuck.

We hanged up and I decide to give it another try and the think started again, and the stupid carbuteror was burning gas as usual. Not too quickly like it previously did.

So I take off again on Alvarado and this time I was able to turned left on Pico because I had a green light and there was no oncomming traffic. I just turned left and noticed there's a police car just behind me. At this point I'm going at about 25 mph and the bike is making all these weird noises. I couldn't go faster because if you go faster you use more gasoline...and I didnt have "that much"

As I was getting ready to hear the poice siren go off, I noticed the just manouvered around me and left. I was so relieved.

I got to Pico and & Vermont and I turned left into the parking lot of an Autozone. There the bike died once again.

I didnt' swear this time. I just got out and went into the Autozone in search of one of those little tanks where you carry gasoline in.

Here my luck started to change.

I talked to the employee. and he showed me where they had them. They only had one more of those "1 gallon" tanks. And I got to buy it...the only thing they had beside that were the "5 gallon" ones...too big to fit in my back pack. I bought it and went to the gas station across the street from the Autozone.

The lady looked at me weird and I said "One dollar on 10" And then she look at where the car was suppost to be parked. I just looked at her and said "it is an invisible car" She smiled and I left

I got the gas into the bike and then it started as if nothing had happened. I took off and up on Vermont all the way to Beverly and made a left turn.

When I was waiting in a red light a car got next to me and and the girl that was in there just kept looking my way...as if impressed by the bike...she wouldn't blink.

That always gets my spirit up. I made the 2 fingers "V" sign and she was motionless. I left and suddently I was happy...I know she was looking at the bike, but hey, that's why I got it.

I got home one hour later than I had planned and decided to just stay there and log into the DAP chatroom. Recently I've became addicted to it...since the December vacations I took, I've been logging in constantly. It is fun, safe, and you can make fun of dorks in there.

No comments: