Sunday, December 13, 2009

Adventures

Nothing really has happened since my last post.

Well, my brother got arrested last Thursday night because he got in a mess with a night club bouncer. But we only knew until Friday night. He moved out some years ago, and since he didn't want us to get too worried about this mishap, he called his roommate instead of reaching me or my mom. Which was worse, because his roommate called our house around 5 pm Friday when no one was home. On top of things, he left 3 very disturbing messages in the answering machine.

Not only he didn't leave his call back number and ended the messages abruptly, but all of them were identical.

"Hello. I want to talk to you about your son...he is...he is." (ends message) That lead us to believe he had been in an accident or something along those lines. So at around 7pm we left for his home near where the 110 and the 10 meet. Such a nice place to be. Since it was raining the streets were desolate.

Once we got to the old house, we could not find his roommate. So we went back home. My brother's girlfriend was with us because before leaving for his house, my mom had called her to ask if she knew anything about my brother. Once she knew of the messages, she insisted she wanted to go with us to his house.

We waited until 10pm and drove to his house again. This time we found his roommate and he told us all everything that had happened. He gave me the name of the bail bond company that was taking care of my brother's case. I called them and they told me he was in the West Hollywood police station and that in about 3 hours (Saturday's 1 am) he was going to be let free. So we drove there and the bond agent told us to wait until 2 am for him to be freed. So we waited there at the lobby. I even felt asleep in the bench, right under the the white painting...you know, the one that looks like a 3 year old threw a bunch of paint on a canvas. I even drooled a little.

At 2:30 am my brother's girlfriend talked to the officer and he advised us to go home because he wasn't going to be out of jail until the next day. So, after a long Friday night/Saturday morning, I was able to have some decent sleep in my own bed at around 3 am.

Eventually my brother was came out Saturday at 8 pm. And now he has to pay about $850 to the bond company.

Hey, look. I did have something to write about.

No comments: