Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday Party

Sunday was my friend S. birthday party and that night I realized something. It all began in the morning at around 10 when S. called me and asked if I could go over to his house and help him clean the place.

I accepted and waited for him to pick me up. He and his girlfriend arrived about half an hour later. In the truck they had a bunch of stuff they had picked up for the party already. Tables, chairs, and big pots for the pozole. Apparently they were expecting 20 or so people.

Once there, my job was to clean the garage where the party would take place. S. lives with his family and in the garage there were lots of toys scattered around. They belong to his nephew Ks. We pretty much cleaned the whole place up in about one hour. We even had the time to do some decoration work, well, I did that under the management of S’s girlfriend, J. She mainly just told me where to hang the signs.

At around 3 pm, and after watching the Real Madrid vs. Barcelona game, I went back home and told everyone I would come back for the party at night. Left knowing once I came back N, S’s sister, would be there.

I took care of some stuff I had to do that afternoon. And I even felt a sleep watching a soccer match on tv (I guess that tells how exciting was that game). At 9 pm I got a call from S. asking when I would be showing up. By then I was already in the parking lot, getting ready to leave.

About 15 minutes later, I was pulling up to S’s driveway. Parked the motorcycle and as I was doing so another car arrived. From that car, Lzth, Fy, and Dla came down. All of them looking hot as hell. Even when S. doesn’t really like Dla that much, I told him to invite her over, so I could spend the whole night watching her long, and yummy legs. They greeted me and when inside. By then S. and Ch. Had come out from the house S. took Lzth’s car and parked it in a tight spot in the street.

Got in. On my way to the table I ran into the family at the kitchen. Even when I said “Hi” to everyone there, I put special interest on N. She is not the typical Hispanic girl you meet everyday. She is different, very different from the rest. She is a lot sweeter and very docile. We looked into each other’s eyes when I walked in. As usual, we smiled, but kept looking at each other a few moments without saying a word.

Even when I have known S for years, I never had the opportunity or the interest of meeting any of his sisters until recently. That’s when I met Ada and N. That’s also when I found out that was married and had a four year old son.

The place was FULL. It was only about 9:30pm and there were at least 20 inside. I quickly sat down to eat knowing more people would be showing up and I noticed we had started to run out of chairs already. Talked and cracked a couple of jokes with the people around me. Then I went up to the rest of the tables to greet everyone there since I knew everyone at the party.

After 20 or so minutes I got up, excused myself and left for the kitchen, since I had noticed a group of about 8 (girls and guys) come in. In the kitchen, it was pure chaos. S and his girlfriend J serving food to the people at the tables and S‘s sisters were doing something too.

“Que haces aqui Juan Carlos?” (What are you doing here Juan Carlos?) I heard Ada say.

Then out of nowhere N came and said “Juan Carlos cohibido, no lo puedo creer” (A quiet Juan Carlos, I can’t believe it)

I looked at N and said “Es que conozco a todos y no se a quien hablarle” (I know everyone and I don’t know who to talk to)

She laughed. Then I looked at her and told her there was something weird going on. She towered over me. At least 2 inches.

She was wearing high heels and looked very beautiful. She is normally about an inch shorter than me. So I said “Asi no se vale. Tambien yo me voy a poner tacones altos” (That’s not fair, in that case, I’ll use high heels too) She laughed hard again.

Then I left to mingle with the people at the party. I thought that would be the only interaction we would be having.

I was talking to Ch when suddenly S came up to us and ask Ch if he could go with his sister to the store and get more beer since she didn’t want to be out at night alone. I don’t know what took over me. Without thinking twice about it. I offered myself for the job. I wasn’t sure if the sister he was talking about was N or Ada. I just took a chance and hoped it would be N.

So Ch was driving, and I was in the front seat while N was in the back seat. The weirdest thing is that it was her car. Well, if you look at it carefully it wasn’t that weird since N is one of those girls who doesn’t really like to be the leader at almost anything. That also includes driving.

And for that reason I find her extremely attractive. Its like our personalities are made one for another. Since most of the times I’m the leader at what we do, sometimes I think she is attracted to me.

Before I she got into the car, I opened the door for her and said “Ladies first”, she smiled and thanked me. On the way to the store we all started to talk.

I think this story is getting too long for no real reason. After being around N all night long, I realized I would like to find a girl like her. Sweet and innocent, you know, the kind of girl who would hide and then cry after she has a confrontation with anyone.

The party really didn’t end that night, but I left at around 1am without anyone noticing and through the back door, you know, to be the center of attention once everyone had noticed I was missing.

No comments: